Don't miss Tahoe's best restoration event of the year! Bring the family to volunteer with us to help restore forests that protect Lake Tahoe, then join us for a huge celebration of 20 years of volunteer restoration.
Restoration location: Angora Burn Area, South Lake Tahoe
Meeting spot: South Lake Brewing Company
Time: The restoration event will take place from 8 am - 12:30 pm and the celebration for volunteers will be from 12:30 - 3 pm
What we’ll be doing
Volunteers of all ages and skill levels are invited to this fun, hands-on restoration day. Participants at Tahoe Forest Stewardship Day will help restore the Angora Burn area by improving trails and thinning brush to protect young trees. By pitching in, you are improving the watershed habitats that surround Lake Tahoe. Healthy forests act as natural pollution filters to Keep Tahoe Blue. Coffee (from Free Bird Cafe) and breakfast treats provided to kick off the day.
What to wear and bring
Bring sturdy boots, long pants such as jeans, long sleeves, sunglasses, a helmet (hardhat, or bike or rock climbing helmet), and a reusable water bottle (mandatory). Leather work gloves are strongly encouraged. Please bring any loppers, pick axes or McLeods if you have them. We will provide tools, helmets, safety glasses and gloves onsite, but have a limited supply.
After our hard work, we'll gather at South Lake Brewing Company to celebrate two decades of community and environmental restoration!
- All volunteers will enjoy a free lunch by Chimayo and refreshments.
- The League will buy the first South Lake Brewing Co. beer for the first 150 volunteers.
- Live music by the Sierra Gypsies.
- Every volunteer gets an exclusive Tahoe Forest Stewardship Day prize!
- Participants will also be able to complete a passport to meet local partner organizations to join in on the raffle.
Thank you to our event supporters
- California State Parks
- Chimayo BBQ Tacos & Tortas
- Clif Bar & Company
- Fire Adapted Communities of Tahoe Resource Conservation District
- Free Bird Cafe
- Omni Tahoe
- Orchid's Authentic Thai
- Primo's Italian Bistro
- Pretty Odd Weiners
- Safeway South Lake Tahoe
- Sierra Gypsies
- Sierra Ski and Cycle Works
- South Lake Brewing Company
- Sugar Pine Foundation
- Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
- Tahoe Rim Trail Association
- Tahoe Sports LTD
- United States Forest Service - Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding for this event provided through a grant from the United States Forest Service El Dorado County Resource Advisory Committee.
Getting to the event
Participants are encouraged to carpool or, better still, to walk or ride a bike. We will carpool from the meeting location to the work sites.
Participants under 18 years of age must bring a printed and completed copy of the League's 2017 waiver (PDF), signed by a parent or guardian, to the event.